With St. Patrick's Day around the corner, here's a cookie recipe to enjoy with the festivities.
2 ½ cups flour
½ tsp. baking soda
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 cup of Foothills Old Fashion or Blend butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 tsp. peppermint extract
20 drops green food coloring
1 cup mint chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix together flour and baking soda.
3. With a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar.
4. Add eggs, peppermint extract, and food coloring. Mix until just combined - do not over mix.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture, and mix on low until just combined.
6. Add the chocolate chips, mixing briefly on low until evenly mixed.
7. Drop by tablespoon on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 18 minutes.
Yield - approximately 3 dozen cookies. ENJOY!!
**For a Little Extra Twist try these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies with Foothills Mint Chocolate Chip or Chocolate Ice Cream and make some delicious ice cream sandwiches for your St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations!