Here's a delicious recipe for homemade Belgian waffles.
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup cornstarch
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
¾ cup buttermilk
¼ cup milk
6 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 large egg, separated
1 tbsp. sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat your waffle iron.
2. Mix the flour, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Measure the buttermilk, milk, and vegetable oil in a measuring cup and stir in the egg yolk. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat the egg white to soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until firm peaks are obtained. Beat in the vanilla.
4. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Fold in the egg white mixture.
5. Pour the desired amount of batter onto the hot waffle iron and cook until the waffle is crisp and brown.
6. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve and enjoy your waffles with a dollop of Foothills Creamery Whipped Butter and syrup of choice. Or for a slight twist, serve you waffles with whipped butter and a dusting of powdered and cinnamon.